About the program
The Business Work Permit stream of the Prince Edward Island Provincial Nominee Program (PEI PNP) is for foreign nationals with business ownership or extensive management experience who would like to move to PEI to start their business. If you are thinking of moving to Canada to invest in or run a business there, PEI is where your dream becomes a reality.
Successful applicants will first come to PEI on a work permit, before eventually transitioning to permanent residence (PR) if certain business-related targets are satisfied.
About Prince Edward Island
Prince Edward Island (PEI) is a little province of Canada that packs with wondrous nature and kind people. The island is located off the Eastern coast of Canada. It consists of two urban areas: Charlottetown Harbour and Summerside Harbour. The first sits ideally on the center of the island’s southern shore with the latter just 40 km west of it.
PEI is a land with outstanding natural beauty with white sand beaches that blend seamlessly into the great blue sky. Rolling hills and woodlands sprinkle green of every shade and texture. New buds and blooming flowers give the landscape a touch of color every spring. If you’re lucky, you will even have the chance to adore the kaleidoscopic hue of the Aurora Borealis from the North Shore and the musing tunes of the Singing Sand.
People all over the world are drawn to this little island not only because of its alluring natural beauty but also because of its housing and real estate. Thanks to the low costs – among the lowest in Canada, PEI has one of the highest home ownership rates in the country. So, what are you waiting for? Your chance is now – grasp it. Even if you’re not ready to buy a home – do not fret – there are many short-term and long-term rental choices in PEI.
PEI’s breathtaking scenery and welcoming environment make it a special place for both living and working. Any newcomers to the island are just an inch away from help. Hundreds of job opportunities can be found on WorkPEI in the private sector as well as the primary and strategic industry sector. Investment chances are also encouraged for those with business ownership or extensive management experience who would like to move to PEI to start their business, and eventually become a permanent resident.
Processing time frame
1. Creation of expression of interest
2. Invitation to apply
3. Work permit review
4. Work permit application
|Arrival & Post-arrival process|
5. Arrival in PEI on temporary work permit
6. Performance management for business in PEI
7. Application for nomination
8. Application for PR
9. Permanent Residency
Arrival & Post-arrival Process
- A cost effective and business friendly environment
- A highly skilled and educated labor pool
- Strategic infrastructure (Adequate, modern infrastructure with an environmental-friendly focus)
- Access to major markets (Prince Edward Island has prime location offering excellent access to North America and Europe with year-round ports, major air cargo routes, and high-bulk land transportation)
- Unmatched quality of life (Affordable housing, friendly and peaceful neighborhood, light traffic, great schools, and good public health care)
You will have to start your business in Prince Edward Island.
- Have a minimum verifiable personal net worth of CAN$600,000 which has been accumulated through legal and legitimate sources in your own right;
- Have at least a two-year post-secondary diploma
- Be within 21-54 years of age at the time of application;
- Have at least 3 years of business management experience in the last 7 years
- Meet the minimum language requirement (English or French) equivalent to a CLB/NCLC 5 and
- Intend to live and work in PEI while providing day-to-day active and ongoing management of your PEI-based company;
- Attend an interview with staff from the Office of Immigration;
- Invest a minimum of CAN$150,000 into the business within 12 months of landing in PEI, and operate that business for 12 consecutive months to get the nomination;
If you would like to receive more information about immigrating in Canada, we are happy to help. Please call Viettonkin Immigration at +84 918 866 858 for one-hour free of consultation and assessment with our experts.
We look forward to helping you make the next big leap in your life!