About the program
The British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP) is an immigration program that aims at providing a broad range of workers, graduates, and entrepreneurs with permanent settlement in Canada.
About British Columbia
British Columbia (BC) is Canada’s westernmost province, sharing the border with the United States of America and the Pacific Ocean. The capital of the province is Victoria but only a small part of the capital is densely populated. The most populous area is the city of Vancouver.
Since the province is quite large, its climate varies across different geographies. Southern coastal areas have a mild climate year-round with warm summers and favourable winters with fair amount of rainfall. Temperature goes up as you go into the central region of the province, making the summers dry and hotter. Winters are also colder and snowier there than in coastal areas. The north is characterized by its long and icy winters and short summers. You can find every landscape in BC, from the coastline to scenic lakes to alpine mountains which cover 75 percent of British Columbia. Other exciting nature-indulging activities include: wine-touring, whale watching, ziplining or skywalking at the Cloudraker Skybridge.
In general, people in BC are friendly and energetic as they enjoy an incredible range of outdoor activities. In the warmer months are ideal for biking, hiking, swimming, playing sports or rowing boats. When the heat gives way to the chilly frost and snow, people go out for ice-skating, skiing or snowboarding.
The province’s economy mostly rely on renewable, and low-cost hydroelectric power, which makes utility expenses much lower. Resource industries such as forestry, oil and gas, and mining have been traditional contributors to the provincial economy.
Processing time frame
Approximately 4 months to get the Working Permit to start working in Canada; generally after one year of business activities, apply for the for the Permanent residency (total around 24 months).
Arrival & post-arrival process
1. High Standard of Living
2. Excellent Health Care: BC has an affordable and reliable health care system with its Medical Services Plan (MSP).
3. Wages and benefits: British Columbia’s companies provide competitive wages and benefits. Some offers even cover health and dental care.
4. Diverse & Rich Culture: BC is home to people from diverse culture, creating a vibrant society that welcomes any international comers from the world to their homeland.
5. Range of Workplaces and Industries: The industries in BC are varied, ranging from agriculture, construction, forestry, health to manufacturing, etc.
6. Safety: Low crime rates and effective regulation contributes to BC’s reputation as one of the safest places to work and live.
You will have to start and manage your business in that territory (or buy an existing one). Eligibility requirements based on recent invitations to apply sent by the BC government :
– Have a minimum verifiable personal net worth of CAN$800,000 which has been accumulated through legal and legitimate sources in your own right;
– Have at least a two-year post-secondary diploma;
– Be within 25-54 years of age at the time of application;
– Have at least 3 years of business ownership experience, or 5 years as a senior manager in connection with the business to be created in the past 10 years;
– Meet the minimum language requirement (English or French) equivalent to a CLB/NCLC 5 and
– Intend to live and work in BC while providing day-to-day active and ongoing management of your BC-based company;
– Attend an interview with staff from the Office of Immigration;
– Invest a minimum of CAN$400,000 into the business (owning at least 33.3%) and create at least one full-time job;
If you would like to receive more information about immigrating in Canada, we are happy to help. Please call Viettonkin Immigration at +84 918 866 858 or send an email to email@example.com for one-hour free of consultation and assessment with our experts.
We look forward to helping you make the next big leap in your life !